The Wisłoujście Fortress (Twierdza Wisłoujście) is a historic fortress located at the entrance to the port of Gdańsk. It is the oldest seaside fortification on the Polish coast. The first wooden port watchtower was probably built here in the 13th century. The brick tower in the center was built in 1482. Until 1758 it was a lighthouse. There was a fire on the tower that showed the ships the way to the port.
Picture number (ID): 1913
See other galleries: